Covid 19 – Level 3 Safety in the Workplace
Information current at 28 April 2020
Scott Bowater Plumbing takes everyones wellbeing seriously and want to make sure we are doing all we can to conduct our services in the safest way possible. So we’ve set up our processes and ask that you read and understand them prior to engaging us for work. We’re all in this together!
Before we visit your job site:
- We’ll discuss job requirements with you (Client) and identify potential bubble threats
- Implement strategies to mitigate these with you.
- We’ll identify the entry point forthe job, and instruct you on sanitising work zones prior to arrival
- Pre-identify any heavy lifting required and how to keep 2m rule in place (can it be lifted into place by clients before job commences?)
- Remind you of 2m rule, however it is best if clients are not in same room as Scott during the job.
On arrival at your job site:
- We ask that non essential visitors to be stopped from visiting site (by the Client).
- Contact tracing records to be noted by Scott of all people at job site (Name, address, phone and email) including delivery drivers, council inspectors and clients.
Working on your job site:
- You (Client) are asked to coordinate works to ensure only one tradesperson is on site at any given time (where possible)
- Eliminate face to face meetings where possible
- Where possible, a toilet facility for Scott, sanitised, including seat, handles, basin, to be used only by him
- Open windows when work is based inside, if possible
- Scott will bring his own drink bottle, food and remove any packaging from this on leaving
- If possible, please make alcohol based hand sanitiser is available for Scott on site
- Tools for Scotts jobs won’t be shared with others.
- Scott has his own handwashing set-up installed in van. To be washed/dried thoroughly on commencement/completion of job
- Scott carries paper towels and sanitising spray in case you are unable to sanitise for him.
Leaving your job site:
- That we both accept responsibility to inform each other if you/we become aware of contact with a suspected Covid 19 case.
- Tools to be sanitised
- Van door handles, steering wheel to be sanitised daily
- Work clothing to be washed separately daily
Over 30 years of great service and knowledge
Are you looking for a Certifying Plumber or Certifying Gasfitter in the Kāpiti area who really knows their stuff?
My name is Scott Bowater and I was born into the plumbing trade. I’ve been a Certifying Plumber and Gasfitter for over 30 years, providing my clients with great customer service and support.
My father started in Plumbing in the ’50’s up in Palmerston North, back when a plumbers skill-set was much broader than today. His business is still a landmark in Palmy, and is still in the family.
The trade is much different today, Craftsman is now ‘Certifying’, regular up-skilling (a good thing) is a requirement by the Plumbers Gasfitters and Drainlayers board, and many of the disciplines that were once the domain of plumbers are now farmed out to specialists.
As someone who has grown through these changes I offer my clients a vast depth of knowledge, a great work ethic and good old fashioned customer service. I pride myself on doing a great job, for a fair price. I stand by my work and understand that a happy client is the best advertising!
I am a Certifying Gasfitter, qualified to install gas water heaters, fires, hospitality equipment, hobs and gas bottle stations. I can fully pipe out homes or business’ for natural gas or lpg.
Nothing beats a long hot soak in the outdoors in my opinion. So designing and building outdoor bathrooms is an area I particularly enjoy. I can work with you to develop an outdoor room where the sky is the limit – literally! I work with new and recycled materials.
Most Tradespeople have a special something they do. I design acoustic sound solutions, especially for live music venues (but not limited to). Improve customer and staff experience by reducing sound reflection. Contact me for further information.