Plumbing & Gas fitting
services on the Kapiti Coast
Covid 19 – Safety in the Workplace
Information current at 03 December 2021
Scott Bowater Plumbing & Gas Fitting take wellbeing seriously and want to make sure we are doing all we can to conduct business safely, while at the same time remaining accessible to all New Zealanders.
With this as guidance we will be undertaking foreseeable work under a ‘Contactless’ framework.
We ask that you read and understand how this works prior to engaging our services.
Rapid Antigen Testing:
The Government has announced these will be available from mid December. We will be undertaking regular ‘self testing’ using these RAT tests when they become available, to ensure both your – and our own safety.
Before we visit your job:
- We’ll discuss job requirements with you.
- Implement strategies to offset ‘contact’ with you.
- We’ll identify the entry point for the job, and ask you to sanitise (if necessary!) work area prior to arrival.
- Pre-identify any heavy lifting required and how to keep 2m rule in place (can it be lifted into place by clients before job commences?)
- Ask that you remain outside of work area, during the job.
On arrival at your job:
- We ask that non essential visitors be stopped from entering the work area while we are working.
- Contact tracing records to be noted by us of all people at job while we are there. (Name, address, phone and email) including delivery drivers, council inspectors and clients.
Working on your job:
- We ask you to coordinate works to ensure we are the only tradesperson in the work area at any given time (where possible).
- Eliminate face to face meetings where possible.
- Open windows when work is based inside.
- We carry paper towels and sanitising spray in case you are unable to sanitise for us.
Leaving your job:
- You and Scott Bowater Plumbing & Gas Fitting accept responsibility to inform each other if either become aware of contact with a Covid 19 case.
Over 30 years of great service and knowledge
Are you looking for a Certifying Plumber or Certifying Gasfitter in the Kāpiti area who really knows their stuff?
My name is Scott Bowater and I was born into the plumbing trade. I’ve been a Certifying Plumber and Gasfitter for over 30 years, providing my clients with great customer service and support.
My father started in Plumbing in the ’50’s up in Palmerston North, back when a plumbers skill-set was much broader than today. His business is still a landmark in Palmy, and is still in the family.
The trade is much different today, Craftsman is now ‘Certifying’, regular up-skilling (a good thing) is a requirement by the Plumbers Gasfitters and Drainlayers board, and many of the disciplines that were once the domain of plumbers are now farmed out to specialists.
As someone who has grown through these changes I offer my clients a vast depth of knowledge, a great work ethic and good old fashioned customer service. I pride myself on doing a great job, for a fair price. I stand by my work and understand that a happy client is the best advertising!
I am a Certifying Gasfitter, qualified to install gas water heaters, fires, hospitality equipment, hobs and gas bottle stations. I can fully pipe out homes or business’ for natural gas or lpg.
Nothing beats a long hot soak in the outdoors in my opinion. So designing and building outdoor bathrooms is an area I particularly enjoy. I can work with you to develop an outdoor room where the sky is the limit – literally! I work with new and recycled materials.
Most Tradespeople have a special something they do. I design acoustic sound solutions, especially for live music venues (but not limited to). Improve customer and staff experience by reducing sound reflection. Contact me for further information.