COVID – 19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Essential Services ONLY, commencing 24/03/20
Providing essential plumbing and gasfitting services in Kapiti. Our business is able to carry out essential services ONLY, for the following 4 weeks, possibly longer. As advised by Plumbers, Gasfitters, Drainlayers board, this includes such services as:
- Services immediately needed to maintain human health and safety at home or work
Under the definition we may also continue to provide plumbing, gasfitting or drainlaying services if they are immediately needed to maintain human health and safety at home/work. Under this definition the services must:
- Be needed to maintain human health and safety at home/work; and
- That need must be Immediate.
Examples of the type of work that would come under this definition include:
- The repair/replacement of hot water cylinders that have failed as the hot water will be required for sanitation purposes.
- The unblocking and repair/replacement of sanitary waste pipes where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
- The repair/replacement of water pipes where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
- The repair/replacement of gas piping, fittings and appliance where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
- The unblocking/cleaning of chimneys for safe wood-fire use.
Examples of the things that would not be included in that definition are:
- The repair of minor leaks.
- The replacement to tap washers.
- Routine servicing.
- The replacement of sanitary fixtures that are working.
We would like to assure our clients that we have the highest Health and Safety protocols in place, and will ask you a few health related questions for everyones safety.
We would also like to assure our clients that the only additional charges to our normal rates will be:
- $10 for PPE overalls
- An additional .5 hours for sanitation time
- Disposable gloves at $2 per pair
This information is current as at 24/3/20
Over 30 years of great service and knowledge
Are you looking for a Certifying Plumber or Certifying Gasfitter in the Kāpiti area who really knows their stuff?
My name is Scott Bowater and I was born into the plumbing trade. I’ve been a Certifying Plumber and Gasfitter for over 30 years, providing my clients with great customer service and support.
My father started in Plumbing in the ’50’s up in Palmerston North, back when a plumbers skill-set was much broader than today. His business is still a landmark in Palmy, and is still in the family.
The trade is much different today, Craftsman is now ‘Certifying’, regular up-skilling (a good thing) is a requirement by the Plumbers Gasfitters and Drainlayers board, and many of the disciplines that were once the domain of plumbers are now farmed out to specialists.
As someone who has grown through these changes I offer my clients a vast depth of knowledge, a great work ethic and good old fashioned customer service. I pride myself on doing a great job, for a fair price. I stand by my work and understand that a happy client is the best advertising!
I am a Certifying Gasfitter, qualified to install gas water heaters, fires, hospitality equipment, hobs and gas bottle stations. I can fully pipe out homes or business’ for natural gas or lpg.
Nothing beats a long hot soak in the outdoors in my opinion. So designing and building outdoor bathrooms is an area I particularly enjoy. I can work with you to develop an outdoor room where the sky is the limit – literally! I work with new and recycled materials.
Most Tradespeople have a special something they do. I design acoustic sound solutions, especially for live music venues (but not limited to). Improve customer and staff experience by reducing sound reflection. Contact me for further information.